Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What do you want to do before you die?

I have been watching this show called "The Buried Life" on MTV. Okay, I know what you guys are thinking.. MTV, must be pretty.... stupid. I absolutely love this show. I love it, and it is honestly so inspiriting. If you guys have not heard of it, it is about a group of four guys: Ben (ringleader), Dave (crazy one), Duncan (trouble), and Jonnie (Idea guy). No, I don't just watch it because they're very charming and cute. They all are; however, Jonnie is my favorite.

They are from Canada. This is a documentary they're doing. They made a bucket list of all the things they would like to do before they die. With every goal the guys cross off on their list, they help someone achieve their goal. They travel from state to state asking people, 'what do you want to do before you die.' I understand the reason why the boys named the show "The Buried Life." We all are living the buried life. Their introduce to the show goes like this, "If you have one day to live, what would you do? Climb a mountain? Kiss the girl of your dream? Would you tell someone how you really feel? Now if you have a whole lifetime to live, would you lose that drive or do your list keep getting longer?" We are living the buried life. Why must we wait until death is close to us to do what we wanted to do? Live your life to the fullest is what most people tell you to do. But does anyone who actually does it?

This is not a rant. I just want to tell you how inspire I am. I am inspire to not wait till I am dying to do what I wanted. This is my life. Before I die, I want to do so much. This blog entry is the start of my bucket list. The things I would like to do the most before I die. Hopefully, over the years I will be able to cross off some goals and add new ones. So here we go, the beginning of everything.

What I want to do before I die:
  1. Graduate from High School
  2. Teach English in another country (hopefully Japan)
  3. Join the Peace Corp.
  4. Step foot on all of the 7 continents.
  5. Major in what I love to do in college.
  6. Study abroad.
  7. Write and publish a book.
  8. Fall in love


  9. And so I leave at number 9. I hope in the near future I will be able to cross out some of these goals.

I just want you to ask yourself, what do I want to do before I die? Nothing is impossible. You will be surprise of what you can achieve. Let's end this buried life together.

Peace, Love, and lol.


-Trangie

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea. Travel the world?! Have good relationships . Be Happy!
    that actually seems like a great reason for a documentary or reality show. now aday reality shows are like about rich people lives? lol. MTV do have some good shows, like their show addicted , about the shopaholics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that makes me sad, cus i was just at collegeconfidential forums .. writing a post to a girlw ho got rejected and feels all bad from her dream schoool. i'm just feeling the sadness if i get rejected from berkeley...lol even though i know its all about how i respond my education, not what school i go to

    ReplyDelete
  3. You knew EXACTLY what I was going to say about MTV LOL <3 Ever since I've gotten over my depression, I've seen life in a whole new light. The worst can happen, but something positive grows from it. If you fail at something, try again, but if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Something bigger is waiting for you.

    What I want to do before I die? I think even if I die today, I would die happy. All I wanted to do is love myself to the fullest and I've done it. But if it's a list you want, I'll get one lol.

    1) Loose weight and look completely fabulous. :) That way I can catch guys' attention and then reject them. Should have approached me when I was fat. LOL If I keep up this attitude, I'm never gonna get married or meet the one. BUT if the one was my one, then he would have kept trying to get me ~_^

    2) I want to buy my mom a house with a beautiful garden.

    3) I want to hold a real malai. It's a Thailand Garland made from jasmine flowers. When I get to Thailand, that's the first thing I want to buy. I want it soooo bad! Every since I was 6-7 years old. Gosh I'm so old but this childhood dream of mine never died. lol

    ReplyDelete